- Show our teachers we LOVE them! Get ready for these Teacher Appreciation Week activities! More details can be found in our flyer: English | Spanish.
- Monday, May 3: Card and artwork day
- Tuesday, May 4: Teacher and Staff Appreciation luncheon
- Each year, PTO usually hosts a potluck luncheon for teachers and staff with delicious treats provided by our families. Due to the pandemic, we cannot do that. So, we held a fundraiser in March to pay for a fully catered meal. Thanks to you, we raised $1,311.76 to pamper our teachers. We are getting the best price from a great caterer and will use leftover funds for more gifts. You guys really stepped up. Thank you!
- Wednesday, May 5: School and cleaning supply day
- Thursday, May 6: Gifts for teachers and staff from favorites list
- Friday, May 7: Something special for Specials teachers
- Help us Help You:
- May 12: Save yourself from cooking on May 12 and order pizza to support Berkeley Lake Elementary! Plan for pizza night with Papa John’s! A portion of proceeds from your order that evening will come to BLES. Use the promocode: Berkeley20 and we will receive 20% of your order total
- May 4 – 14: Have the kids outgrown their BLES Spirit Wear? Check out the new designs we are offering for spring! The online store is open now until 5/14 – we even have a shirt for incoming Kindergartners!! https://stores.inksoft.com/bearshop/
- April 29 – May 21: Clean out those kitchen pantries and get ready to replenish your Tupperware! Check out our online Tupperware sale where a percentage of the proceeds will go to BLES. The fundraiser will be open April 29-May 21, 2021. https://my.tupperware.com/ARODRIGUEZ269/Events?code=4100011504
- It’s time to start planning for next year already! We’ll have our school supply kits available for purchase soon. A percentage of the proceeds from the school kits sales goes to the school – and you don’t have to go shopping! Your child’s kit is delivered directly to the school, with the specified supplies your teacher asks for and is waiting in your classroom when you arrive next year. More to come!
- Yearbook: If you’ve not seen the advertisement, we will have a yearbook! A big thanks to Mrs. Ashadele for creating a special Strawbridge book this year. She’s posting information and calls for pictures in ClassDojo so log on today!
If you pre-purchased a book through the PTO TreeRing sales last year, contact email@example.com so that we can work with you to get your refund.
2021-2022 PTO Executive Board Member Update
Thanks to all who submitted their input to us for next year’s PTO Executive Board. We have a unanimous approval of the proposed slate of officers.
- 0 write ins/nominations for Vice President
- 3 write ins for President: 2 for Monique Somervell and 1 for Tammie Wagner. Should these two candidates accept the nominations, we will share a link to vote for the President role.
Our 2021-2022 board is in place and can begin planning for the next school term. Thank you to those who’ve already reached out to get involved in next year’s activities! We will have a virtual transition meeting on May 20 at 6 p.m. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you’d like to attend to provide input, learn more about the board or see what PTO is all about.
Looking for the resources from our March 18 membership meeting? Slides shared – including the GCPS Federal Programs Family-School Partnership Advisory Council Overview
Shop and Give! While you are shopping for the holidays, don’t forget you can be helping earn money for our school.
Looking for ideas for your teachers for gifts? Check out our teacher favorites pages to see if your teacher has given some hints.
We’re meeting on Zoom now, but know that we are here if you need us or have any ideas about supporting our school family during this challenging time.
Your PTO Board plans throughout the summer in order to present the operating budget and annual priorities to you at August Curriculum Nights. We’d love to have your valuable input as we move forward. As always, you can send feedback and ask questions via email@example.com.
PTO Social Channels:
Learn more. Get involved. See how:
- Our team of volunteers supports the school
- You can have fun – just like we do
- To get information to support our teachers, yearbook and other school activities